Wednesday 11 April 2012

Butter me up


I had been waiting for these Revlon Lip Butters for months and when they finally arrived in the UK I had to see what the fuss was about. They retail for £7.99 which is quite expensive but similar in price to other high end drugstore lipsticks. I was expecting a tinted lip balm when instead I got a glossy lipstick with a moisturising finish. I was shocked as I had previously also tried the Loreal Caresse lipsticks and I thought the lip butters were going to be of similar consistency.


My favourite has to be Cotton Candy as although it looks similar to Strawberry Shortcake I like the fact that it looks so natural on my lips and gives me that extra oomph! Strawberry Shortcake reminds me of Angel from Mac in colour format and is definitely 'your lips but better' and an easy day to day colour to wear. 
Lollipop is a bright fuschia pink and I have to say this is the hardest to work with. The colour is hard to apply in the sense it can be quite streaky so I have to apply Vaseline to help it glide over my lips easier. Finally, Candy Apple is a rich bright red and although I have worn it in the day I would save this for a more evening look.


I want to compare them to Loreal Caresse Lipsticks but I just can't. The Loreal one has a sheer finish and doesn't require you to apply it with a mirror whereas Revlon Lip Butters do but I feel the Revlon ones have better lasting power and better colour payoff. 


After trying out the two brands for some time now I have to say Revlon Lip Butters definitely lived up to the hype and are my clear favourite!

No comments:

Post a Comment