Sunday 29 April 2012

Ding Ding: First Round is Battle of the Cleansers!


I am not afraid to admit that I was not totally on board with looking after my skin until 3 years ago, but I am now a total convert!
Before, being interested in fashion and beauty blogs, a quick swipe of a wet wipe and little moisturiser (if remembered) was as much as you got out of my skincare routine! However, the more and more I read about cleansers the more and more attractive they looked!. So, I took the plunge and went ahead and bought the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, which with its mixed reviews, was a daring choice for my first cleanser. 




When I first started to use it my skin became crystal clear and felt amazing but because I was using it twice a day, after 2 weeks my skin began to resent it. I was determined to stick with it because a. of the brice and b. because I had heard such good reviews about it. So I changed things around, I began to only use it at night to take my makeup off and deep cleanse and use a gentle facial scrub in the morning to awaken my skin. Voila! It worked! My skin started to settle down, I had little if any breakouts (bar monthly hormonal ones) and face appeared brighter and smoother. It is 100ml and smells very fresh and herbal and is also all natural so I know I am not putting anything toxic on my skin as my skin has been known to be sensitive and react to some products in the past!  As, Cleanse and Polish does retail for £14 and because I was using it everyday, I wanted to look for a similar product to make the Liz Earle cleanser last (cheapskate I know).




Thats when I heard about Superdrug releasing a similar cleanser which claimed to create the same effect at a fraction of the price. I was luckily enough to pick mine up when it was on offer so it was only £1.99. This cleanser comes with one muslin cloth and has 200ml (double the amount of the Liz Earle one) however the consistency is thicker and smells strongly of Shea Butter. When I first used it I felt like my skin didn't feel as super clean and as soft but I persevered hoping this would change. When you remove the product it does leave a slight oily residue on the skin and no matter how many times I tried to remove it , this wouldn't budge. So, because I have oily to combination skin this made me feel like I had a layer of oil on my skin to end and start the day with. This in turn had an impact on my makeup  as it was not lasting as long throughout the day. I did alternate the two products but my skin wasn't feeling amazing.


So, I converted back to using Liz Earle alone and my skin now feels super clean and has little breakouts. Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish has definitely introduced me to learning to look after my skin and because I am reaching that scary age (30 for me = arghhhhh!) this needs to continue. It is a fantastic product which I have since introduced other people of all ages to and it definitely deserves to win a must have award in anyone's skincare routine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment