Sunday 15 April 2012

Lets Haul Away....

So when you are on your jolly holidays you are meant to spend money right??
Ok ok I decided to splurge (it was payday after all) and I picked up a few things from my 2 favourite shops ie. Primark and H&M.

(Blouse , left from Primark £10 and Jacket from H&M £24.99)

These two items are my favourite and they can definitely be styled up in many ways. I have been wearing the mint green blouse tucked into denim shorts and tights and it really just hints at Spring trends without looking pastel crazy. The jacket is something I have been searching for for a while now - its nude, cinches in at the waist and has pink lining which when the sleeves are rolled up hints at the pastel trend also.

(Blouse, left from Primark £10, blouse, top right from Primark £10 and 2 sheer jersey vests, bottom right from H&M £7.99 each)

I went blouse crazy in Primark and picked up another couple of sheer blouses which you can layer over leggings, jeans or tucked into the beloved denim shorts or bodycon skirts. The nude rose one on the left is definitely long enough to wear over leggings but you do need to wear a black camisole underneath to protect your modesty!. I have worn the blouse on the top right out for drinks and a meal with friends as it ticks the smart casual tend when teamed with black skinny jeans and heels. The two vests are a combination of 2 materials - a soft jersey on the front and a sheer chiffon on the back but I thought these would look amazing in the summer tucked into shorts or a maxi skirt.

(Blouse from Primark £10)

This blouse really ticks the Aztec trend that is everywhere across the high street and although it is shorter than the rest of my blouses/tops I have, I put a cheeky camisole underneath to feel more comfortable. This piece can be worn all year around and in all weather (England has petulant weather - ooh the big words)I have worn it with a black cardigan, jeans and boots or you could wear it with a high waisted skirt and bare legs - its multifunctional.

(Lilac Top £4, Maxi Skirt £10 and Pastel Top £6 all from Primark)

Finally, I picked up a maxi skirt which I have been umming awwing over for the last year (I kid you not) but I wanted to capture the Bohemian style I lust over in magazines. I was always concerned that I wouldn't suit this style but after trying the skirt on I fell in love and when paired with this lilac top it really sets off the outfit. Plus as I was perusing the aisles looking for more things to spend my money on (my bank balance was screaming DON'T DO IT!!!!) I saw this mint green and camel top. I have a thing for mint green at the moment so this top jumped out at me straight away but again I knew it would be multifunctional and multi-seasonal - it lets you bring a little spring into your outfit without being too overpowering.

So....... that was my Holiday Haul and now my bank balance is feeling the pain, even though I really want to go back and buy some more! I know I have a serious shopping problem but I blame the High Street for designing some lovely clothes!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment