Wednesday 11 April 2012

Maybe its Maybelline....

The Maybelline Colour 24 hour by Eyestudio bases came to the UK unexpected. I certainly wasn't expecting to see them in my local Superdrug to late March but they came a couple of weeks early and took me by surprise.
They come in 7 different shades ranging from neutral to the vibrant. As always I like to play it safe and after swatching them a few times I finally succumbed and bought the On and On Bronze.

On and On Bronze, is like it says on the tin, a shimmery bronze base that can either be worn on its own or used as a base to enhance an eyeshadow. I have heard alot of people's opinions on these eye products with some saying they crease quite easily and some saying they are the drugstore's equivalent to M.A.C paint pots. I am great lover of M.A.C paint pots and although the Maybelline Eye Tattoos have similar packaging that is where the similarities finish.

The consistency of the Eye Tattoo's is thick yet easy to blend across the eye but unless you layer an eyeshadow across the top they do unfortunately tend to crease. I was really pinning my hopes on the fact that they wouldn't crease because the colour pigmentation is fantastic and it really enhances my eyes but I have tried them out several times now on their own and I do have to layer them with an eyeshadow of similar colour (I use Mythology from M.A.C or Smog from Urban Decay) to make them last all day.

On the whole this product is affordable and does create a fantastic base to enhance your eyeshadow!

No comments:

Post a Comment