Thursday 19 April 2012

Kkkkkkk....Kindle


Books have always been a massive part of my life. I love to read and just drift off into a different world and forget the troubles of the day. So when I got a Kindle for Christmas I was very sceptic as I loved the feel of a book and curling up on a chair so could it live upto this?

Hell yeah! My Kindle goes absolutely everywhere with me - it's so petite and light that it fits into my handbag of choice and has become an integral part of my life. I have to leave to go to work earlier than most people as to not get stuck in traffic so my Kindle is my little saviour when I get to work early - I chill out and read for a bit, so I can prepare for the day ahead!

I was lucky enough to get one for Christmas but if you were to buy one - they would cost £89 but I tried to rationalize it in the way that if you calculated the costs of the books you buy across a year (which for me is quite a fair few) you would be better off financially with a Kindle. You can also pay £60 more and get a Kindle that is 3G connected (ie. you can download books wherever you are and not just connected into Wifi which is great for people who travel alot, but for me I tend to read at home so I hook it up to my Wifi and download any books from home).


Another plus point, thats if you are anything like me, is to accessorize them! As geeky and girly as this may sound you can get protective covers and cases for your over device which come in all different colours and styles. I currently have a case that covers it completely and opens out like a book (do I make any sense?) which I put a battery powered little light on it so I can read at night without turning on my bedside lamp (serial geek). I also, as you can see, have a Keep Calm and Carry on case with protective screen cover which I picked up from Amazon for £7.99 which I absolutely love as its bright pink and funky! Cases range from as little as a few pound to leather cases of £40 +. You can buy them from Amazon or anywhere across the internet.

Kindles in my opinion, are definitely worth the price tag at the start and although they are marketed as a device to hold books there is an area on the Kindle where you can search the internet, log onto and use Twitter and plenty more. This seems to be in its earlier stages but its an added bonus. I have downloaded a few books on the Kindle (and also on my IPad/IPhone through an App so if my Kindle battery goes I have those as backups) and I am currently reading Summer in the City by Candace Bushell (ie Carries diaries). I am going to be reviewing some books that I have read on my Kindle so keep an eye out for those!

No comments:

Post a Comment