Monday 20 August 2012

Mascara Madness

Max Factor 24 hour False Lash Effect


So, I know I am pretty picky with my mascaras but with oily eyelids and mascara that loves to smudge like a bleeding panda I have to be! This mascara comes in at around £9 and at first I couldn't understand the hype about it. Its a pretty standard brush and the product inside is not too gloopy and not too dry.


Its great that product doesn't automatically cling to the brush and that it gives you the flexibility and time to work on your lashes. The effect is that you definitely get definition and length and perhaps maybe a little volume. With the correct eye curlers your eyes do appear more fluttery and this lasts all day long. The product really holds a curl well and does not smudge under the eyes no matter how long you wear it.
Obviously long lasting product is what we all love in a beauty item and this certainly delivers. Its only downfall is that it is hell to remove at a night - 2 lots of my beloved Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and vigorous rubbing just about gets this bad boy off my eyes. So advice is, don't wear this on a night out otherwise you will find you will find yourself down the slippery slope of not removing your makeup and then its even worse to remove the following morning! Not good!

For a drugstore branded mascara this certainly delivers on length, longevity and definition but is an absolute pain to remove - so has this ticked off all my requirements of being a perfect mascara????

No comments:

Post a Comment