Friday 10 August 2012

Smokey eyes....

Revlon Colourstay Smokey Shadow Stick in 201 Torch



The instant attraction to this creamy eyeshadow stick was the pale pink and brown tones - it was perfect for me, as I like to do simple smokey eyes for the daytime. I had been looking for a deep chocolate brown eyeshadow that when blended it felt very 'Kim Kardashian'! This creamy colour stick ticked all these boxes.


You are supposed to use the chocolate brown colour all over the lid and then use the pale pink to highlight in the tear duct and under the brow. However, I put the palest colour from tear duct outwards for a third of my eye and then the brown on the rest of lid and then gently smoked it out. The effect it gave me was a very basic smokey eye but the colours blended amazingly together and made my blue-grey eyes pop!

The texture and general effect this product gave me was outstanding - the eyeshadows were soooo easy to blend and lasted all day with and without a primer which as you know for me this is truely amazing as I ALWAYS have a wear a primer underneath to stop eyeshadow sliding off my lids.

I realise that they come in more colours but for me I only wear neutral shades as other colours don't really suit me. But if you love a pop of colour or you just want a gorgeous smokey eye then pick up a Revlon Shadow stick and give it a whirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment