Sunday 5 August 2012

Stain Away....

Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stain


These lip stains definitely rival the Clinique Chubby sticks in my eyes. I recently went in to Sefridges and sampled the Chubby sticks and on the same day I also swatched the Revlon stains and from there I tested out the longetivity on my hand ( I know, I know this isn't exactly an exact science but the thought was there - heehee).

Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stains are creamy in formula and minty in taste. They are currently on offer in Boots and Superdrug for £5.99 and I have to say based on what I have seen I would have paid more!



Darling Cherie 010 (right of the first picture above and bottom on the second picture) is a cool lilac/pink Autumn inspired toned stain and although would look fantastic on some skin tones this tends to wash me out unless I wear a lot of bronzer to brighten up my face. However, this does not take away from the fact the stain lasts all day and can be worn day or night under lipgloss or on its own.
Lovesick 020 (left of first picture and top of second picture) is a deep cerise and is my absolute favourite across all the colours. The deep and strong pigmentation lasts once the initial colour has slowly worn off, leaving a light pink tint to your lips which lasts for hours. The formulation of these lip stains is balm like (does exactly what it says on the tin - heehee) and does not dry your lips out at all. There is no streaky-ness and the colour payoff is amazing.

The Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stains are a perfect mix of intense colour and lasting perfection! Try them!

6 comments:

  1. I own the Rendezvous version of these! They're so lovely! Definitely prefer them over Chubby Sticks! Such a good product and a great price - great review

    New follower!

    Helen xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want the paler pink one as well now for a more daytime look x

      Delete
  2. Great post, im yet to try these. I wasn't a fan of the lip butters though so i'm a bit hesitant! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are much better than the lip butters as they last a lot longer and colour payoff is much better and the stain tints your lips all day x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to try these! You should have way more followers - your blog is great. Found you via the #bbloggers chat tonight.
    Take a look at mine if you fancy a read
    prettywithapunch.blogspot.co.uk

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank u soo much x I'm gutted I missed the bloggers chat I was out x booo x

      Delete