Friday 17 August 2012

The L.A Lifestyle

L.A Candy by Lauren Conrad


I was sceptical about this book when I purchased it on my Kindle as I thought it was going to be too young for me. How wrong was I?

I bought it when I was going on a holiday along with a number of other books thinking that if I finished all the rest of them I would read this as a last resort. I literally read this in one day! I had only decided to read a few pages of it to get the jist and then read it last!

This book draws you in completely (especially if you have watched the reality show The Hills which seems it is loosely based on) and you will not put it down until you have finished it. It is about a young girl and her friend who move to L.A and get get asked to do a reality show! It goes through the trials and tribulations of being on such a show and the life and loves of the characters. The characters are easy to understand and have same problems as us mere mortals but the glamour of L.A grabs you and pulls you along in this girly, romantic novel.

Like I said, I think it is loosely based on The Hills (which Lauren Conrad starred in) but is a fabtastic summer read and it Book 1 of a trilogy. I am currently on Book 2 and the addiction to the books is still going....

No comments:

Post a Comment