Thursday 9 August 2012

Shock my Lashes

YSL Shocking Mascara


How luxurious does this mascara look? Is the £23 price tag worth it?

Absolutely! I have had an ongoing battle in finding the 'perfect' mascara. Is it too much to ask for a mascara that doesn't smudge, gives you instant volume and length and lasts all day?

Well this beauty absolutely delivers all the above requirements. The brush is of average size and has a hexagonal shape to it. The formula is not too wet or too dry and the bristles are small (sorry for my awful description of a mascara). When you apply it you get an instant eye opener - in how it gives 'Shocking' volume to your lashes as well as lengthening them. The brush allows you to get to every lash, top and bottom, with ease and control to make your eyes appear fluttery 'Kim Kardashion-esque'. You do have to be careful not to apply too much because you could get a 'clumpy' effect and that is not attractive whatsoever!

I can safely say this mascara does not budge all day and I found it easy to remove at night (but god help you if you got caught in a bad rain shower as you would come out looking like a panda as once water touches this bad boy you start the panda eye transformation!). Other people have said that they find it difficult to remove but with the good old Liz Earle Cleanse Polish at the ready it sweeps off immediately!

Shockingly pricey as this mascara is I will be sticking with it and I think I may have found the 'perfect' mascara after all these years?!

5 comments:

  1. OOh how exciting! not heard of this. As i've just suffered a week of conjunctivitis I'll need to replace my current mascara and this might just be it!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such an amazing product .... Truly amazing!!! I love it!!!hope u like it x

      Delete
  2. Fab review - glad you've tested it out. Its now on my hit-list.

    Helen xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u ...... Definitely buy it it's worth every penny and more x

      Delete
  3. great review! i've always wanted to try it, now i think i might :)
    Hey, if you want, check out my blog
    www.nessa-mae.blogspot.co.uk, If you like it follow on GFC and Bloglovin, and I ALWAYS follow back xx – Vanessa Mae

    ReplyDelete